Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A New Beginning!

Wow, I am so excited to get this blog going! I can remember that first time I saw a "mommy-blog"... I was still in college, newly married and VERY far from being a mommy. But I remembered loving the idea of it and wanting to start a blog... Which I did, unsuccessfully. But here I am, attempting to begin my own REAL "mommy-blog"!

 I received mommy status just 8 short weeks ago and I am loving every second of it. This may be a surprise to a lot of you, but I have decided to not go back to teaching. This has been a very difficult and heart-wrenching decision for me and my family. I love teaching. I love my students (most days... ha). But I love my son too... And my heart says that I need to be at home with him. I KNOW there are plenty of wonderful teachers who can balance teaching and mommy-ing.. And God could totally make me one of those people. But I don't think that's what He is asking of me. And through this decision God is revealing to me this evil-nature inside me that is always self-sabotaging. It's like I feel like I don't "deserve" to be happy. Have you ever felt that way before? It's an awful thing... And it's a LIE.

I wrestle with "if I stay home, I'll be happy... so I should go back to work AND be a mommy and be unhappy." But that's not healthy... And honestly, it's for Jude's sake that I NEED to be happy... And of course it would be best for my hubby if I were happy too... funny how in my mind I don't even make it into the equation.. Doesn't matter if I'm happy for my own sake.. I can be sad, that's fine. I can function in it.. Again, lies. And not healthy. Working on it.

ANYWAY. Not going back to work = being a stay at home mommy = starting the mommy blog I've always wanted to!

On this blog, I plan to include step-by-step (hopefully) beautifully photographed instructions for different mommy things. A few things to be included in the future is: photographing newborns, pumpkin spice latte muffins recipe, homemade laundry detergent, cloth diapering how-to and so many other things! And of course, probably some personal posts with revelations about mommy-hood and being a daughter of Christ.

I can't wait for you to join me in this journey!

1 comment: