Friday, October 17, 2014

Sweet Potato Wedges with Spicy Ketchup

I don't know about you but I've not come across many sweet potato fries that I don't like.  But here at the Hughes' house I am constantly trying to find the easiest and best tasting way to make them... And if they're somewhat healthy, that's a plus too!

I experimented a few weeks ago and through the influence of the food channel and random other recipes, I came up with this.  And they are AMAZING.  And so easy.  The hardest part is cutting the sweet potatoes!

So, here is an amazing fall recipe you can throw together as a delicious side.  Be careful though, they are addicting.


Sweet Potato Wedges with Spicy Ketchup


Ingredients for Sweet Potato Wedges
  • Sweet potatoes (however many ya want, I use 1 per person)
  • Olive oil
  • Coarse salt
  • Paprika
  • Garlic Powder
That's it!

First things first, cut up those sweet potato fries into wedges...  If you're challenged like me, cutting wedges can be confusing.  Here is a helpful image of how that is done.  (Don't worry, it took me a few times to get it right.  ;)  OH!  And preheat that oven to 400 degrees.


Next, arrange them on a baking sheet.  I use foil because oil keeps rolling off into the bottom of my oven.  I tried to make "walls".. but alas, I failed again and smoke filled my house.  Make sure your wedges are not touching!  They'll be mushy if they're touching.  Yuck!


Now, you are going to VERY LIBERALLY drizzle (understatement) olive oil over them... I probably used 1/4 cup.  Don't judge.



I said liberally, yeah?  Wasn't joking.  Olive oil is healthy right?  So the more the better?  I think that's how that works.  Now, sprinkle some paprika, garlic powder and coarse salt over those babies.





Beautiful.  Now stick 'em into a 400 degree oven for 35 minutes.  Longer for crispier, shorter for mushier (ew).


Now while those are in the oven, you should mix up some of this super simple spicy ketchup.  :)

Ingredients for Spicy Ketchup
  • 1/4 cup Ketchup
  • 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder

Mix it all up!


That's all folks!  Delicious!









No comments:

Post a Comment